23 Apr 2014

Splendid Similes 13

As Large as Worlds. As Old as Time. As Patient as a Brick.


a question for you: Who is Terry Pratchett talking about, using these similes? 

I came across these when I was reading The Light Fantastic, one of the first books I ever attempted to read in English. I failed, of course, because Terry Pratchett is not easy to begin with, and even more so when your English skills are not perfect yet :) Nevertheless, I did read the first few pages and wrote down each and every word that I did not understand. I still have them, it's about 5 pages containing such words as "tortoiseshell", "embarrassingly" and "scoured". I had no chance whatsoever.

Therefore I am even more happy that now I am able to read it, and once (when I have the time - haha, fat chance) I might even try to tackle this particular one again. Wish me luck!

But first, who is Terry referring to? The options are:

a) The Discworld
b) Great A'Tuin
c) The Luggage

Any guesses? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Keep it simple, sir! © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates