24 Jan 2013

Incredible Idioms 3

Business is War

Being in business can be pretty dangerous. You really have to be a tough one to survive and succeed in business environment. Business is war, remeber it well! So, don't forget your arsenal and fight!

Sales are up! That means we're definitely gaining ground on our main competitors. They'll soon by trying to take us over!

It look as if we are going to be closed down. We don't want to give up without fight so why don't we try to organise a management buy-out?

Our image is too old-fashioned. We need to modernise our product range in order to reinforce our market position. Otherwise, we'll lose it!

It was obvious that Smiths would close down. They were surrounded by big modern supermarkets with more buiyng power.

In order to expand in the Middle East, we've joined forces with a company who have been working successfully in the region for over 20 years.

The new advertising compaign has been a huge success. We've been bombarded with thousands of new enquiries.
Source: Joe Wright - Idiom Organiser
Picturehere

2 comments:

Trollkona said...

these sure are true. and thank gosh I am not a businessperson (is that a word? I hope so), it sounds so stressful! But I guess that what I find stressing other people may find motivating, go team! :) and again, I love this design! layout! template? damn, I should extend my vocabulary :)

FF said...

Go team, babe! Perfom a worm position! :D
I am really happy I am not a businessperson either (and yes, I am pretty sure this is a word and it's genderly appropriate and that's just splendid).
Well, for this design/layout I used a blogger template :D. Go for Oxford Word Skills Advanced and then make a review! :-)

Post a Comment

 

Keep it simple, sir! © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates