3 Apr 2014

Provoking Phrasal Verbs 4

To blurt out and to speak out

Hi everyone! 
Communication is one the essential parts of our lives and I bet that every single one of you has blurted something out and I hope that you've at least once spoken out for somebody or something.

To blurt something out means to say something suddenly and thinking about the effect it will have, usually because you are nervous or excited. Some people can't keep a secret and they blurt everything out in front of the people that are not supposed to hear those things. I am not such a person, but when I was a bit younger I used to blurt things out out of excitement. Now I am wiser (hopefully) and can keep myself calm and thus I do not give away other's secrets. I am not saying I am perfect and that it cannot happen to me, but I am usually in control of what I am going to say.


To speak out means to state your opinion firmly and publicly about something, especially in order to protest against or defend something. When I speak out for someone, it is usually for my family and friends. When someone verbally or otherwise attacks one of the members of my family and friends, I tend to defend them. Or when I see that someone is being bullied I try to speak out for them and thus help them. I know it is sometimes difficult to speak out for someone or something because we might get hurt in the process, but it really is a good thing to do. So please anytime you see injustice, bullying, etc. please just


This is it from me today, have a nice day and let us know about your experience with blurting something out or speaking out for somebody or some good cause in the comments below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Keep it simple, sir! © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates