26 Mar 2014

Splendid Similes 10

As Fresh as the Air in Spring

Hello again! As you can see, with each week my self-discipline in regards to keeping deadlines is getting worse and worse. But I am determined to keep posting anyway - and since Provoking Phrasal Verbs are to be posted tomorrow, we are probably about to have one post a day until Friday :)

Now, as for today's simile - I think that I hardly need to explain this one to you, do I? Everyone knows the fresh, crisp (we should do a post on this word, it has so many meanings!) sensation you are looking forward to the whole winter and that you are starting to miss with the first few hot days of summer - at least if you are like me, who loves spring and would be perfectly happy if there was a constant tempreature of 20°C throughout the year.

I don't know why, but I have got this feeling associated with the song Rouse Your Dream by Elvenking. If you're into folk metal, you can listen to it ;)

And yeah, it's true that the fresh spring was almost here, but these days it looks more that winter is coming (anyone looking forward to the next GoT season?). Anyway, I'm done blabbering, apparently the sleep deprivation is taking its toll. May the force be with you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Keep it simple, sir! © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates