1 Mar 2014

Incredible Idioms 7

To bounce off the walls

So normally, when we see or hear that something is bouncing off the walls, we imagine this:







But it is also an idiom. To say that somebody is bouncing off the walls means that somebody is very excited about something. Like me and a bunch of my friends before this amazing Bran concert. Well, and also afterwards. We are still talking about it. And swooning over them.


You can watch and listen to two of their songs here:




The whole Bran concert experience actually started a very lovely conversation with an excessive usage of gifs. It was SUCH FUN!
I haven’t found anything on the history of this idiom, but one can guess that a ball bouncing off the walls kind of resembles a very excited person. Maybe it’s not your case, but when I get very excited I can’t just sit around and do nothing. I walk or in a way jump and really look like some ball weirdly bouncing off the walls.

My creativity is at the end. I hope I didn’t bore you very much.

1 comments:

Trollkona said...

such fun indeed! we need more of these experiences ♥ btw the idiom reminds me of the song Bouncing Off Clouds by Tori Amos, which is also quite lovely :)

Post a Comment

 

Keep it simple, sir! © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates